I missed writing these in October and November… but September feels like yesterday and so far December feels like springtime. If you asked me offhandedly, I’d probably say the date was April 25th, definitely because all I’ve need here lately is a light jacket.
But. Really. Is it December 11th? Really!?!
Alright I’ll cut the SNL act and get to it. Really.
Hey, It’s OK…
- To feel like you know Kevin McCallister.
- To set 8 different alarms on the weekdays, ranging from 5:15AM to 6:45AM. All are necessary to prepare me to get out of bed by 7AM.
- To use every utensil in the kitchen when cooking pasta. For one!
- To get really nostalgic whenever The Sandlot is mentioned.
- To choose Pacey over Dawson, final answer.
- To never split dessert.
- To get ballsy and bold. Life’s too short not to go after what you want.
- To always walk out of Target with a box of fruit-by-the-foot. Stuff’s like crack. Is it just me.
- To believe that “anything goes” as far as food is concerned the morning after a night out and/or a race. Bagels, donuts, eggs+pancakes+bacon, leftover pizza, fruit-by-the-foot. Been there, done all of that, so fun, yum.
- To constantly change course, change your mind, change life or career direction, change clothes in the span of 15 minutes…
- To resist blow drying your hair in the winter. Ice crystals < getting out the door on time.
- To sound like an idiot pronouncing Cabernet Sauvignon.
- To listen to every different version of Circle of Life on Spotify. This song… and The Lion King… melts my heart.
- To have a few select people in your life who really, really “get” you.
- To really like the freckles on your nose.
- To spill something and/or get red pen on yourself every single time you’re wearing white. OK because pretty much everything comes out with club soda or Tide to Go.
- To laugh out loud a lot.
- To not be able to wrap a present to save your life. Everything went into tissue paper and bags for my loved ones this Christmas. Just safer that way.
- To contact someone you haven’t talked to in awhile, just because.
- To jam out to Tubthumping by Chumbawamba like it’s 1997 and you’re at the roller palace wearing a three-stripe Adidas tracksuit.
Can you relate???