This particular playlist has a theme.
I’ve done themes here and there in the past. Some highlights:
Let me explain this week’s theme.
Songs that will NEVER get old. Songs that have become my anthem for a few months. Songs I play on repeat for an hour. Songs that take me back in time, to good memories. Songs that, when I return to them after a day… week… or month without listening, are still as bomb as they ever were. Songs I cannot OD on.
So these are basically the greatest songs in the world.
In my mind at least.
Maybe you’ll look at this playlist and think, “Na-uh. I am so over all of these songs.” But that’s good – we should all have our own anthems, our own favorite songs to own and to love and to put on repeat.
I’m only featuring songs that came out within the last few years. This list would marshmallow to 1,000+ easy if I included all of my will-never-get-old songs from the 00s, 90s, 80s, etc etc.
As it is, this playlist was hard to compile, with a bunch of my favorites just missin’ the cut. Like, Akon, Lupe, Lady A, Cobra Starship, Jay-Z, Imogen Heap, and my buddy Lil Wayne.
Anyway, brand new music will resume next week.
Okay, wow, it seems I had a lot of stuff to say. But don’t I always. The blabbing stops right here.
Headphones in, world out. This a #1 champion sound.
1) Knock You Down :: Kanye West, Keri Hilson | Reminds me of the summer. Plus it carries a great message (ya get knocked down, ya get back up). And I really appreciate Kanye’s line: Whether you be Louis Vuitton it up or Reebokin. It IS possible to have the best of both worlds.
2) Best Love Song :: T-Pain | This song happens to be on my Commute Playlist this week and I have lip synced, sang, and dance partied to it every morning since Monday. Doing 70 miles an hour down the highway. At 7:30AM. Good thing I wear my seat belt.
3) Without You :: David Guetta, Usher | I could write a thesis about this song and I am not kidding.
4) Sooner or Later :: Mat Kearney | I can’t tell you how many Central Park reservoir laps I ran last summer with this one on repeat. Looking back, it feels like a thousand. But whenever I hear this song now, it makes me still feel so connected to NYC. Aww.
5) Just a Dream :: Nelly | This song has so much I can relate to in my life. Love.
6) Love Like Woe :: The Ready Set | The only one I have by this group. I have no idea who they are, but this song is gold.
7) Letting Go :: Sean Kingston | Ayo Sean, YO Mista Kingston. Holler. Please pound pavement to this song.
8) You Be Killing ‘Em :: Fabolous | Such a good beat.
9) Baby :: Justin Bieber, Ludacris | I’ve had Bieber-fever for… like… ever. For. Ev. Er. But you already knew that.
10) Life in Technicolor :: Coldplay | No words necessary for this one. But you can still feel so much. I feel hope. And now I officially sound like a hippie.
11) Ridin’ Solo :: Jason DeRulo | Just start dancing and figure out the rest later.
12) Bad Romance :: Lady Gaga | Best song for a karaoke bar.
13) Sweetest Girl :: Wyclef Jean | I actually studied the lyrics for this song and made myself memorize them. I can still sing every word, three years later.
14) What’s My Name :: Rihanna, Drake | Oh, look… it’s the Queen of the Weekend Playlist. Seriously though, she just rocks.
15) Super Bass :: Nicki Minaj | Out of all of these, this one. Really… it couldn’t get old if it tried. Especially now that Sophia Grace and Rosie are involved.
What are YOUR anthems?